So a run down of what I’ve been doing:
- Turned 24! I feel old. I know I’m not old. But I feel it. Definitely reconciled that I’m a 100% responsible for my own actions. Filled my taxes this year. Have an IRA. Am responsible for food getting into my mouth. Been feeling old for a while though, what with working through school (which getting a job right after college validated this). Just not as footloose and fancy free since my stint at Boston University or as we called it “Camp BU”. Not because it was easy… but there was a lot of running around drunk, giggling, sometimes outdoors. Any who, don’t take me as complaining though I relate to this.. Just this year it finally finally sunk in. It’s like the question “When you look in the mirror how old do you look?” Well I finally see an adult. But that’s okay being an adult has a lot of freedom. Though we have societal trappings seeming to cage us in, in the end we are free adults with the ability to eat badly, quit our jobs, run away, suffer the consequences, possibly die on the street, but really in the end our choice. I’D LIKE TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT 6 YEAR OLD CHILD!
- We did a 4th of July show at Celebration Town Center! Pictures/video EVENTUALLY to come… not great at posting media assets. It was 50s themed, and hot and 3.5 hours of constant dancing. No really… Too hot.
- One of my bridesmaids was in town from Spain, Aline. We went to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Still not a Disney fan though Animal Kingdom is the best. Really don’t take advantage of the parks here. I haven’t been back to Islands of Adventure since I moved here 4ish years ago, and I like that park.
- Austin turned 27!
- Annual Birthday camping trip at Blue Springs. Staff was nicer at Wekiva but the Springs were much nicer for swimming at Blue. Overall enjoyable though it WAS SO HOT and within an hour of getting there I became a broken woman. Strained my arms and jumped on a rock (an injury that kept me from dancing for 2 weeks).
- Sent out my wedding invites! We just solidified/wrote our wedding ceremony. Now on to fittings, tastings and designing our programs… Almost complete with all our honeymoon reservations.
- At work:
- Helped organizing the parlors for Educauses’s AASCU.
- Attended BBWorld2010 and presented this poster. Won a droid phone, so now I’m back to smart phones. I should be happy. But it complicates things and my fingers tap the wrong keys. Into the the future I hurtle!
- Attended Front-End Design Conference – This may sound ignorant but I expected it to be less Graphic/UI design and more front-end development. Either way still enjoyed it and the talks were good refreshers. Gained most by the talk on iPhone dev/design, good food for thought. Though I’m not sure when I’ll get to dally in that. People were very nice. Very nice and positive. Wish that wasn’t so unusual to me.
- Five Years with Austin as of 7/29. Wow. Glad we are still lucky and in love. 🙂 Went to St. Augustine to celebrate (our route). I’ve been meaning to go there for a while but this was our first trip together. Very nice but very touristy. ELITIST ALERT! I guess, I’m just spoiled from experiencing the oldness of Europe, in cities that don’t rely seemingly only on tourism. Hey! Got to drink good imported beer at the Rendezvous. Walked around holding hands. Bought tasty soap. Got free drinks due to poor service. Saw an old fort. Worth at least one visit.
- Been swimming.
- Been playing ukulele… haven’t posted about this but its awesome.
- Been reading. Shades of Grey is amazing.
- Hiring at work.
- Been busy.
So many more adventures to come as we are 2 months away from the wedding. Just trying to lose weight, learn ukulele and keep my sanity. August means heat, fall semester startup at UCF (busiest time of the year at work) and Southern Belle Swing Bash!
Just hoping to keep unstressed and appreciate what I have.
True – S