SOOOOO lots has happened and I have not been the best about documenting it.
But rather than making excuses lets jump right into it.
- We took our moms on a cruise and got to visit Mexico in the process!
- Learned ukulele and continue striving towards getting beyond just karaoke with it. It has been a GREAT activity to do with my dad.
- Got married and the wedding was a grand success! We are soooo lucky. See wedding.austinandsheila.com for photos, press coverage (WUH?), full ceremony and other fun-ness.
- Traveled to Europe for our Honeymoon. France, Spain & Italy! It was an amazing 16 days where we covered 10 cities! Check it out on Flickr.
- I’ve started taking photography more serious in general! It’s been a great creative outlet now that the wedding festivities have died down. Plus its great to document our first and coming years of marriage. I purchased my SLR (a canon Rebel) and I’m slowly learning how to use it.
- Continue forth at work. It was my first full calendar year as a team lead of the Techrangers at Center for Distributed Learning at University of Central Florida. A full year of working hands on with my team (11 strong), developing Dredbeard and Zapt and working at improved course development procedures. I attended my first professional conference, BBWorld 2010 and presented my first poster session. Very fulfilling!
- I feel we probably could have done more with SHOUT! Swing but reality is we didn’t have much time! And really we did what we could with what energy we had. I am still proud that we held a workshop, threw a free dance, taught at least once a month and performed at Celebration. Overall we continue to grow and learn as teachers.
- Ooo ran a 5k with only one walking bought!
My biggest personal accomplishments were to get better at setting to-dos and taking care of my personal assets (posting/editing pictures) before the momentum dies. Also, being able to be relax and enjoy our wedding weekend was a feat only doable due to good planning and learning to BREATH. I am proud that I was overall unstressed and level headed.
So I don’t do well with goals… or I do but I don’t. As in I’m a driven person but often I plan TOO much and then feel like a failure even though I got a lot accomplished. And then use that as an excuse to not move forward…
Here’s my plan. I’m going to set a yearly manageable goals BUT also hold myself to smaller goals each month that will help me achieve the big goal. But small…. and not beat myself up if it doesn’t happen. JUST MOVE FORWARD.
- BIG RESOLUTION: Do not let stress over rule my life. I honestly believe if I accomplish that it will help with a lot of my issues which includes: using stress as excuse to eat badly or not be active, not enjoying the moment and not feeling fulfilled or obsessing over the little things.
- HEALTH: I don’t even want to lose weight anymore… which is around 150lbs (10 lbs gained since our October wedding). I just want to eat reasonable so I have energy and health that I need to do what I need to do. If weight loss comes with that, even better. NO MORE EXCUSES. And no more enslavement to the scale. I plan to not step foot on it except at the doctor’s.
- RECREATION: Get back to my passions. Whatever they be I need to take time for myself a little each day. I need to get back to my creativity! I need to get back to myself! And who I am without Austin when need be. As well, I need to as well dance at least once a week, even if its just with Austin in our house.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Continue to work on appreciating my family and my husband. I as well want to make more of an effort to keep in touch with long distance friends, even if its just a quick hi on Facebook.
- PROFESSION: Start learning again! Take time for professional development at work and in my free time. My portfolio also needs a fresh start so I can use it to showcase my MANY passions. I as well want more of an internet presence (blogging etc) this really is more of a bonus goal… if I get the rest done first.
- PROJECT: Other than refreshing my portfolio I will get all my dad’s websites redesigned and humming. So that he may sell his music online.
- FOR FUN: SEE Orlando. WHEN we have free time go do some typical “Orlando” things that we haven’t done…..
- LIFE: GET RID OF CLUTTER. Simplify my life and learn to digitize/organize my stuff and let go of material possessions. Still have a box in the garage from Boston…. This means as well keeping my backlogged digital assets organized and well backed up…. I want to feel comfortable about my possessions and in control by the end of 2011.
In general I want to get my life in control! Get it organized and manageable and then build from there! Not feel so overwhelmed.
You’ll see I plan on focusing what bothers me the most… my health. Here are my steps towards working on the food issue first.
- Don’t eat after 9pm when I’m going to bed early.
- Eat normal sized portions and learn when I’m no longer hungry.
- Only drink more than one alcoholic drink a night once per week. Because when I drink… I want more food… its a cruel cycle.
- Dance at least once per week.
- Get my new portfolio design marked up in HTML 5.
- Get my car fixed up so I can sell it hopefully in February.
- Submit my paperwork to change my last name.
- Keep my office and room clean. So far they are clean… now just have to maintain.
I have an immense amount of it… let’s hope I keep systematically working on myself while also learning to relax. 2011 is going to be an AMAZING year. I already learned to drive stick and cleaned up the office!
Introducing a new fun side project.
Time Cards Continue – Sheila