But life is good!
So lots going on in the life of Sheila Suarez. Nothing note worthy educational enough to “blog” about that isn’t just personal funness/work. But I felt bad about not posting and rather then resisting here we go… a status update.
Listy List of Stuffs
- Launched a departmental application on 4/30 so that’s been consuming my life. LEARNED a lot about how to successfully launch an application, especially when its in house. Lots of consultation and baby kissing. In the end, things are sorting themselves out and despite the little resources we had, it was successful. Thank god for my development team… I know eventually I’ll relate what I learned… when the wounds aren’t so fresh. Still a long way to go with this puppy.
- Start of the semester at work as well… busy busy busy times.
- Got a stomach flu from drinking a free sprite margarita while in Mexico… Yea, probably shouldn’t have done that. It was not fun and hit me 5 days after the cruise. Austin’s mom got it too and was diagnosed so by her doctor. Which is good to know because I was highly suspicious of all food until then as I had no clue what got me sick. But it helped me lose the 4 lbs I put on during the cruise!
- Went to Charleston Lindy Exchange in Charleston (CHEX 4). Really loved the city though we only really got to peruse it for two hours or so. Maybe loved it because I was able to locate awesome beer within 20 minutes. Reminded me of a southern Boston. Love beer? Go here if you visit Charleston.
- Won first place in a solo Charleston Contest at CHEX! Super awesome fun and feeling pretty good despite needing to get back in shape. Last round was battle style which was interesting. Austin got to the finals in the Jack N Jill.
- Orlando brought like 30 million people to the exchange. Bonded more with my fellow Floridians then Charleston peeps! It was a surprisingly fun/relaxing event despite lack of sleep & having to go straight from and to work. Best part was the beach… because lord knows I don’t take the time to do that while in FL.
- Djaustin debuted tonight at UCF. So proud… 🙂 Though he did play a 300 bpm song during the finals of a Jack N’ Jill I was in… Got 2nd!
- Wedding planning is slow but steady… been helping out my Maid of Honor a lot since she just got engaged. Made her a site. Starting/planned out my invitations, bought boutonniere, veil & center piece supplies & finalized our rings. I’m gonna hate myself for doing so many DYI projects. But it saves money and I like being creative! This weekend I get to see one of my brides maids and make centerpieces with her! Next weekend while in St. Pete for Swing Dance USA we’ll be doing location visiting. So that shall be nice.
- Dieting is a uphill battle. Must. Concentrate.
So that’s basically it. The summer proves to get even crazier…
Flllooowerrrsss – S